Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Recovery


Still recovering from a busy but lovely Easter with family and friends. We stayed away at the family beach house and cooked all weekend, ate endlessly and went for long walks on the beach. We also challenged each other on the Wii and watched Poirot one evening (my favorite!). Such warm, perfect autumn weather.


I felt like baking so i made some dough and baked an onion and potato focaccia and followed a childhood memory for inspiration (thanks to mum's friend Marisa who used to whip up a version of this for us when we'd drop by for a visit).

Mum filled the house with beautiful flowers purchased at the local farmers market.



Instead of giving Easter eggs, I baked hot cross buns for the studio crew. Yum! My first attempt, and I intend to improve the recipe each Easter. Thanks to Karen Martini for the recipe which featured in The Age Sunday Life magazine.

Sunset, shorter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment